So have I mentioned that sometimes I get tunnel vision when I’m working on a project? I do, and that’s why my blog posting has been so infrequent. However, I am happy to start with a new month AND I won NaNoWriMo! Here’s what I learned on my adventure last month:
- I am a chronic procrastinator and there is no cure.
- A little chocolate goes a long way in the first draft.
- 2,000 words a day is actually not that difficult to type.
- It’s okay to not know where I am going, but there will be more clean up to do in the months ahead.
- I burn out creatively very quickly. Breaks are important.
- I write better from eleven-thirty to three in the morning or from five-thirty to nine-thirty.
Also, I have to say that my NaNo draft is not anywhere near perfect. It’ll be awhile before I let anyone see it. The upside? I managed to write some chapters that I absolutely love and writing my NaNo project unblocked some of the story for The Dessicated. I only managed to finish one of the challenges for Reuts Publications Project REUTSway, but I’m proud of that, too. Writing in so many places has challenged me and left me curious to see what else I can come up with.
I’ve spent most of these blog posts talking about my progress with NaNoWriMo and Project REUTSway. Now that NaNoWriMo is over and December is here, what now? My plan is to write about aspects of what I’ll be doing while I finish The Desiccated. I would elaborate but it seems like whenever I plan to do something it doesn’t end up getting finished or done the way I envisioned. I hope to be able to post once a week.
There’s one last thing I wanted to mention before I go. Thanksgiving passed by last month during the NaNo frenzy. In keeping with tradition and just because, I wanted to tell everyone reading this blog how grateful I am to have you here. Since I started this blog I’ve met some really inspiring bloggers, and had some wonderful conversations with everyone. Thank you for being so kind. Until next time!
- NaNoWriMo Report Card. (lsengler.com)
- Get Cracking On That Novel – NaNoWriMo Is Almost Over! (npr.org)
- The New NA. (NaNoWriMo Anonymous) (dailyrantswiththebitchnextdoor.wordpress.com)
- Thoughts on NaNoWriMo (lkeyser8.wordpress.com)
- A Month of NaNoWriMo: A Recap of Epic Porportions + What’s Next (stevensalvatoreshaw.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo 2013 is over. (helenanoble.wordpress.com)
- I Failed NaNoWriMo … Again! (jfxxxvi.jayfingers.com)